Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A quickie

A lot of times when I work long days, Jason and I end up eating an unhealthy dinner out of pure laziness. Tonight I vowed to change that. So I made a fast, easy summer salad. It was delish! : )
And since I had a long day, I'm keeping it short and sweet. All the ingredients can be picked up on your way home from work and quickly assembled!

Bri's Poppyseed Salad







Ingredients:
  • One rotisserie chicken (store bought if you don't own a rotisserie or have time to use one which I certainly don't) shred up chicken into small pieces...you probably wont need all the chicken but it makes for great leftovers!
  • 1 bag/head of lettuce of your choice
  • 8 large strawberries, sliced
  • 1/2 red onion, chopped
  • Honey roasted pecans (or other sweetened nuts)
  • Poppyseed dressing (I like the Panera fat free poppyseed dressing which you can find at Target or Brianna's (yes, Brianna's...the brand...)poppyseed dressing which is pretty fattening but fabulous)
Mix all ingredients together in large bowl, toss, and serve!


4 comments:

  1. Good work, Bri! We have the same problem all the time. This salad looks awesome, and I'm definitely going to use this recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you liked it : ) I need to think of more fast recipes that are healthy!

    ReplyDelete