Friday, August 5, 2011

Long Day, Little Snippit

After one of the more exhausting shifts at work I have ever had, I am more than a little surprised to be saying that I feel lucky (I am actually more surprised that I am still conscious after the last 16 hours).  No matter if everything goes the opposite way it's supposed to all day (like today) and you feel like you are making no progress in the right direction, it's amazing to walk away from a day knowing that you positively contributed to someone's life during one of the most difficult and vulnerable times for them. I just absolutely love my job. Even though sometimes I feel walked-on or unappreciated, I am pleased to say I generally am very happy. I know there aren't tons of jobs out there where you can get that satisfaction and I am so thankful that I have that opportunity. I have met so many amazing patients and families in my journey as a nurse so far.
I don't really know where my nursing degree will take me in the future. I have wild ideas and love to try new things but I always find it hard to consider leaving the job I have now. It's so great. Should I sacrifice a good thing just to see what other opportunities are out there? It's a tough call. Only time will tell. But for now I am appreciating where I am at and learning everything I can.

Even though today was exhausting with an overwhelming side of reward...I am so pumped to have the next two weeks off work. I have never taken this much vacation time all in a row (besides our wedding) but I sure am going to enjoy it!
I can't leave you without sharing my tuna noodle salad recipe, however. I was going to post it yesterday but I needed to get some sleep and I was just blabbing on and on!

Bri's Tuna Noodle Salad (Inspired by the Nanc's)

Ingredients:
  • 1 Box elbow macaroni, cooked (I have not found a gluten free noodle that refrigerates and serves well cold...I will let you know if I find one!)
  • 1/2 jar mayo (I used the olive oil based mayo)
  • 3 celery stalks, chopped
  • 1 yellow onion, chopped
  • 2 cans of chunk tuna, drained
  • 1 block of sharp cheddar cheese, diced
Directions:
  1. Combine all ingredients, stir in mayo well. 
  2. Add more mayo for extra moisture
  3. Refrigerate
  4. Serve!



 I am so stinkin' tired...I wonder how late I can sleep in tomorrow?? (p.s. sleeping in maybe the biggest barrier between me and really wanting to have a baby...is that sad?)
Here's another fabulous Mat Kearney song...I am a shameless promoter, he should really pay me.
Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment