We had a great time this week going to the springs, cooking dinners, drinking wine, and just relaxing. It was a perfect mix. Jason had a great time on his bachelor party cruise and I think he may even still be a little drunk from the weekend if it's possible ; )
My sister-in-law asked me if this trip made me want to have kids more or less and I had to say it was a little of both. Part of me feels ready, and part of me feels like there is still a lot I want to do before we have kids. Time will tell but we are going to enjoy just being Brason for a while longer.
Although...this picture makes me want one just a little...
On Saturday night we made Basilitsa. This is a recipe I got from an awesome lady I met through work...thanks Megan! It's one of my favorites : ) It's kind of like pesto but kind of different. Needless to say it was a big hit and if you can believe it or not, the girls liked it too! I fully expected them to take one look at it and say...''no way!'' but instead I heard...''mmm! this is good! i like the green stuff!''...YES!!
|she likes it! she likes it|
|Ruby looking on as her mom posts pictures on facebook : ) She looks like she's up to no good!|
Here is the recipe : )
- 1 bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- 1 bunch of basil, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 box/bag of pasta of your choice, cooked
- Shaved parmesan cheese (as much or little as you like...we used almost a whole plastic container shown below for our full batch)
- 1/2 cup of pine nuts, toasted
- Salt/Pepper to taste
|your supplies : ) (minus the pine nuts)|
1. Chop up basil & parsley (start cooking noodles too)
2. Brown the garlic in olive oil
3. Drink some wine : )
4. Saute the basil and parsely in the olive oil/garlic mixture
5. Toast pine nuts over medium heat until golden brown (no oil needed)
6. Mix all ingredients together with noodles and cheese
7. Mix together well. Add extra olive oil for moisture if desired.
Serve and enjoy!! : ) We ate a salad and some grilled chicken along with it.
Warning! If you drink this entire jug of wine (sharing it of course), you may end up with a headache that lasts all day the next day!
Our trip was very fun. Our nieces are awesome and beautiful as ever...
and we miss them already! And of course that goes without saying that we miss Nikki and Justin a ton too. It would be nice if we could live closer but as Nikki said this weekend...it makes our time together all the more special.
So until next time...November...we will miss you guys!
|Enjoy that big table without us! : )|
Now onto the dreaded unpacking...why does my suitcase always look like it has vomitted? Should be fun!