Saturday, September 17, 2011

South America and Tuna Casserole

I realize that title is kind of strange but it's the two topics I plan to cover in this post!
Jason and I have been talking about taking a big trip somewhere this winter. Just recently, I came across a really great deal to go to South America. It has always been my dream to go to Peru, specifically Machu Picchu. I am not sure why I want to go there so bad. I mean, obviously it's beautiful there and full of ancient history which is very interesting but besides that I am not sure what the draw has been for me...but I have always felt compelled to go there. It's a bucket list sort of trip. It's one of the things where I have always said...''if I can go to Peru before we have kids, I will be satisfied that I traveled somewhere unique and different"...I just can't believe it's happening! I feel SO lucky that we are able to do this.
We will be there for almost 2 weeks, traveling to different parts of Peru and then to Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands. I feel like I might pee my pants I am so excited!
I think I might cry when I get there...


Galapagos
We will be going right after Thanksgiving so it's coming up fast! In my limited free time between now and then, you can bet I will be researching and reading all about our destinations   
: )
It's pretty hilarious because we've only told a few people we were going on this trip and almost every single person has already asked us if we are going to have babies after we get back. The answer is...who knows but probably not! Ha ha. We have no idea what we went to do about babies and this is MY dream trip, Jason still has to have his turn. Although, he does not have a destination that he is so obsessed with like I did. Anyways, who knows. Time will tell.

And now on to the next subject which is a little less exciting but still delicious. Tuna Casserole. Doesn't get much more Minnesotan than Tuna Casserole...or casseroles in general I guess! Earlier this week when it was so chilly, I decided to whip out the recipe. It's one of Jason's favorite winter meals...and for good reason. It's my mom's recipe and I promise you won't be disappointed! We made a double batch but I will list the recipe as a single batch...we just like having leftovers!

Tuna Casserole

Ingredients:
  • 1 package frozen egg noodles, cooked
  • 1 can of tuna, drained
  • 1 cup frozen peas
  • 1 yellow onion
  • 1/2 stick butter
  • 1 can Campbell's cheddar cheese soup, cooked
  • 1 empty (Campbell's) can of milk
  • 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
  • 1 bag of plain potato chips, crushed
1. Cook noodles, melt butter in fry pan, and chop onion.
2. Saute onions in butter until browned and soft, add peas after onions cooked and cook until peas are warm.














  
 3. Mix soup and milk in saucepan and cook until creamy and hot.














4. Take a drink...honey whiskey is recommended...this step is optional















5. Combine cooked noodles, drained tuna, and cheddar cheese soup mix in large pot.















 
6. Add peas and onions to mixture and pour into glass cookware.
7. Bake at 350 * for 20-30 minutes or until bubbling hot.
8. Add parmesan cheese and crushed potato chips to top of casserole, replace in oven for 5 minutes.













 

9. Serve and enjoy!! (May need salt!)
It tastes better than it looks, I promise!!

No comments:

Post a Comment