Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Overcommitted?

I probably shouldn't be blogging right now but rather dragging myself to my bed and sleeping as long as possible.
I remember that I was busy last fall when I taught clinical, and that hasn't changed this year...not sure why I thought it would. Working my regular nursing job+teaching clincal+taking pictures+grad school=busy Bri. And I did this all to myself. But guess what? I love it!
Over the years I have discovered that I am much happier and more productive when I have a full schedule. If I don't have enough to do, I get really lazy and therefore, depressed or down in the dumps. This week has just been a bit hard so far because Jason has had to work a ton and I have too so we haven't seen each other long enough to do more than say goodnight and give each other a kiss.
That's why I'm looking forward to this weekend! We are going to Saint Louis....just the two of us! Jason has always wanted to see the Cardinals play in their stadium and check out the city so this is his belated birthday gift. We got the plane tickets disgustingly cheap this summer (I think they were $20 each way?!) when Southwest was having some kick-ass sale...so it isn't even an expensive get away! I'm pretty excited. I am going to bring a few pretty dresses and get all sexified to go out to dinner...can't wait!
insert Nelly song...

The bad thing is, when we come back I have COMPLETELY overcommitment myself to working all these extra hours at work for an event they have going on. It always seems like a good idea the month before when you only think about the extra money you'll make...but then today when I counted the number of days in a row I will be working when I get back from St. Louie I kind of wanted to cry. Oh well. I'm focusing on the future...South America-a-a-a-a-a (in an echoed voice) and keep telling myself that after the next few weeks of craziness I will have some time to sit down and research more about where we should go and places to eat while we are there. If anyone has any suggestions please send them my way!
Anyhoo...I guess I just needed to write all that down which was likely rather boring to read but it made me feel better. And I guess it is MY blog so I can do what I please!
So I better go to bed... I have to get up in the morning to go to a meeting to talk about teaching clinical again in the spring...I am still debating. Hmmm...wonder what I'll choose??? ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment