Here's what we made:
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 bunch of basil, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 loaf french bread, sliced
2. Slice french bread, toast until brown
3. Top toasted bread with tomato mixture, enjoy! (This was 10x more tasty than I ever expected!)
Mini Tater Skins
- 6-8 mini red potatoes
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 slices thick cut applewood smoked bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 2 green onions, diced
- salt to taste
- sour cream, any other potato skin topping you like (ranch dressing if you're Jason)
2. Cut potatoes in half, core out part of each half
3. Add cheese and bacon to cored out potatoes, bake at 375* until cheese is melted, top with green onions
Again, he enjoyed it:
Yesterday we went out boating on Lake Minnetonka. It was a gorgeous day...so warm! Got me a little sunburn but it is likely the last one of the year which is mildly depressing. But regardless, we spent all day at Big Island, met a bunch of new people which I always like, and went out for a nice dinner on the lake. After the kidlets got off the boat, we went back out on the lake after dark with Jason's aunt Lisa and uncle Craig...the moon was so bright it lit up the whole lake...we met up with some people on Big Island again for a bonfire...it was such a fun time!
Though it is the end of the summer, we were given a totally gorgeous sunset last night to lessen the pain just a bit...take a look!
Hope everyone had a great weekend!!