Thursday, September 8, 2011

Oh Today...

Today was good...and bad only because of my own laziness. I accomplished a ton this morning...I started up a class this semester (my online master's program) so I did my homework for that, got some other work stuff done, and accomplished a few other things on my to-do list. But as soon as it got to go to boot camp time, I conveniently fell asleep and missed it. I always get a little crabby with myself when I miss a workout, especially when it's been almost a week since I last hit the gym. I have been working a ton since then so I haven't really had time...but still. Fortunately, my crabbiness was cured by Jason coming home early from work, us cooking a spaghetti dinner together, drinking some wine (getting a buzz...which I still have), and having a good talk.
Right now we are sitting on the couch in the basement because it is obviously the first day of football but most importantly the first day of fantasy football. This means good things for the most part. This coming Sunday morning will bring some awesome breakfast food home-made by Jason followed by sitting around in our pj's all day watching football. However, just a few minutes ago, I heard Jason call his brother-in-law and congratulate him on his championship win for the year...already...and it's not even halftime in the FIRST game of the year. It might be a long 17 weeks.
When I was out weeding/watering/fertilizing my veggie garden today I think I had my biggest harvest of the year. If anyone has any good recipes that include peppers...please send them my way! Because good lord....I have a butt load!



Another successful yield was that of cat nip. Louie loves it. Pierre does too but not nearly as much...Louie pretty much humps it whenever I bring it in the house. It's the only thing that distracts him enough to not try to escape when we open the door to go somewhere. As you can see...it's his girlfriend.
Louie spooning his lover
Ah romance...
This video will really provide the full affect if you are interested...
A little recipe I'll share before I get off my butt to pour myself some honey whiskey is a quick lunch recipe. I love this recipe because it reminds me of Jason and when we first started dating. He was working for his dad's catering company at the time and made me this wrap for work one day. It's f'ing tasty.

Jason's Wrap Yo

Ingredients:
-Tortilla
-Cream Cheese
-Dill Weed Seasoning
-Deli Turkey
-Cheddar Cheese
-Lettuce or Sprouts (i love sprouts!)

1. Spread desired amount of cream cheese on tortilla, sprinkle on dill weed
2. Add cheese, turkey, sprouts and/or lettuce
3. Wrap up and enjoy!
Well, I better get back to ''watching football'' which tonight will involve drinking honey whiskey....(highly recommended...jack daniel's tennessee honey) and reading the stack of 8 or 10 magazines that I have been meaning to read. Should be a good time.
I also want to thank everyone for the incredibly nice comments about my pictures lately. It's so encouraging and flattering. Thank you so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment