Saturday, September 24, 2011

Quick Italian & JVM

Starting now I have four days off : ) Yes! Yes! Yes!
I have a little recipe for you but it is another fast recipe. I guess I shouldn't be ashamed of this because plenty of people appreciate a fast, delicious recipe. I just love making a big elaborate meal but have not had time lately. Hopefully soon : )
Anyways this recipe is a mix of creativity and convenience (mostly convenience). I got the idea from a dinner I had out with my friend Katie last week before we went to a concert (see more about this after recipe : )  ).
And as you may have guessed...it's not gluten free...that's not going so well most days. Haha. Oh well!

White Wine Pesto Tortellini

 Ingredients:
  • 1 package of Tortellini of your choice (cheese filled, chicken filled, whole wheat, spinach....anything!)
  • 2 Chicken Breasts, grilled (we use the George Foreman)
  • Seasoning rub for Chicken Breasts (I got a tomato, basil, and oregano rub from Homegoods)
  • 1/2-1cup of white wine (we used a Riesling but something a little less sweet would be good too)
  • 1/2 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • Homemade or packaged pesto (pine nuts, basil, olive oil, parmesan cheese, and garlic all mixed in a food processor....or any packaged kind for a faster meal)
  • Optional: Peppers, onions, broccoli
1. Cook Tortellini and grill chicken (add seasoning before grilling chicken)
2. Strain Tortellini
3. Mix Tortellini, pesto mix, garlic, wine, and parmesan cheese
4. Slice chicken breasts, serve, and enjoy your fast, easy, and delicious meal : )

As I think I said last week or the week before, I hope to have a more ''from scratch'' meal/recipe up here next week.
Last week when my friend Katie and I went out for the meal that inspired this recipe...we were on our way to a concert that was just fabulous. If you haven't heard of this guy, you need to download his album...or at least listen to a few songs on YouTube to make sure you like them...and THEN download them!
James Vincent McMorrow is a super mellow but utterly amazing artist. He was just as amazing in person. He is an Irishman so throughout the concert when he was talking to us between songs he would say ''Emm" intead of ''Umm" and "Feck it" instead of...well you know. I love it...a sucker for accents I guess.
I guess his music reminds me a bit of Bon Iver and maybe even a little bit of Ray LaMontagne. Like Bon Iver's frontman, James VM secluded himself in a cabin for months and recorded his entire album himself. It's so beautiful. Haunting. Story-like.
His album is called Early In the Morning:
Here is a sample of his music:
I love this song a lot but the video is kind of strange...haha:

And then he sang a cover of this song which was so great....I love his twist on it.
If you haven't heard of him...check it out. You won't be disappointed : )

Happy Wedding Day to Angela Kemp and Ryan Berreth! I am sorry I can't be there. We are heading out of town very soon here. Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!



2 comments:

  1. Ooooh that recipe looks super tasty!! And perfectly inspired. ;) p.s. I've been listening to the JVM CD non-stop!!! and Ron even likes it..woo! thanks again for inviting me as your date! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you like the CD...he's awesome! Thanks for being my date! I had a great time!!

    ReplyDelete