But really, it was a good day, full of recipes and pictures to share!
I started off by not going to boot camp because I literally could hardly get out of bed today because I was so sore from my workout yesterday. I really can't complain about that!! : ) So instead, I made a protein smoothie and relaaaaxed before my hair appointment this afternoon.
- 1 cup of frozen strawberries
- 1 scoop of unflavored gluten-free protein powder
- 1 scoop of orange sherbet (just like jamba!)
- enough orange juice to get the thickness you want
|It's good stuff|
I just love eating something you grow! It tastes so much better somehow. It's nice knowing where it came from and that you didn't put any chemicals or other crap into the dirt while it was growing.
I have always told Jason I want to have a little bit of land at our next house if possible and that I want a tractor and a little mini farm. I can see it now, farmer by day, nurse by night...or something like that. That would be so awesome.
I think he thinks it's just another one of my wild ideas (which I also did for awhile), but I think it would be something I would truly enjoy. Maybe after a few more successful veggie seasons like this, he will see how dedicated I am ; )
After that, I apparently was tired again and didn't accomplish any of the cleaning I had planned on. Shouldn't have had that drink with dinner last night I guess...haha! So I rested before heading out the door for my hair appointment, one of my most favorite treats! Jason sent me on my way with a home-made iced caramel latte. And yes, I am aware that my morning was packed with sugar. Happy Saturd...err Friday to me.
- 1% Milk
- Raw Sugar
- Sugar Free Caramel Syrup (from Target!)
After that, I sat in traffic forever to get to my hair appointment, but it was totally worth it. It's freshly cut, a little blonder than it was earlier today, and I love it! Thank you Angela!
When I got home, Jason was teaching Pierre something he probably will regret someday soon. Jason will have to climb our tiny tree to get Pierre down when he climbs to the top, and frankly now it's only a matter of time.
|new meaning to 'hanging out'|
We had Ron and Katie over for dinner tonight. I was so excited to entertain and make something fun to eat for dinner. I am proud to again report a successful recipe venture! Amazingly delicious! Woohoo! I got the idea for this meal and drinks from Taste of Home but added some of my own ideas as well.
Baja Citrus Chicken Sliders with Lime Slaw
- 2 cups broccoli slaw mix
- 4 tsp minced cilantro
- 4 tsp minced sweet onions
- 4 tsp minced sweet red peppers
- 4 tsp lime juice
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup low fat sour cream
- 2 tsp of lime juice
- 2 tsp chopped cilantro
- 6 chicken breasts, halved
- McCormick Baja Citrus Chicken marinade (see package for additional ingredients for marinade)
- Hawaiian Rolls or Slider Buns
2. Mix together all slaw ingredients, refrigerate
3. Mix together sauce ingredients, refrigerate
4. Grill chicken breasts til no longer pink in center
5. Assemble your yummy sammiches! Spread sauce on bun, add chicken, top with slaw, and enjoy!!
For a gluten free option, don't use the bun! It's still delish!
|red potatoes, sweet banana peppers, jalapenos, green, red, and yellow peppers, onions, and some olive oil!|
And then on to the most important part of the meal...the cocktail! Also modified from the recipe I found in Taste of Home
Bri's Berry Cooler
- 6 cups blueberry juice
- 9 oz blueberry flavored vodka
- 3 cups sprite (any lemon-lime soda)
- Raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries
- Wooden Skewer
1. Thread the raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries onto wooden skewer to make delicious stir stick
|aren't they the cutest?!|
This may very well be the longest blog post I will ever make in my life. I just took so many pictures I needed to share today!
Before I got to bed, I'd like to say hey to my baby Jas and say...it's been so awesome having you back from the books! : ) Should be a great weekend! Love you!