Therefore, I am happy to report I had a successful recipe venture that Jason LOVED and so did I! It was super simple too.
It isn't the lowest in fat recipe, but there are a lot of modifications you could make to have it be a lower fat meal. But this time, we went for the whole shebang and man was it good!
I'd like to thank Josh (my bro) and his girlfriend for inspiring the idea of nacho lasagna. I'd like to thank myself for thinking of using Doritos ; )
Dorito Lasagna (and it's gluten free!)
1 bag of Nacho Cheesier Doritos (you won't need the whole bag if your'e just cooking for two)
1 lb of lean ground beef
1 package of taco seasoning
1 bag of shredded colby jack cheese
1 can of refried beans
1) Cook beef and mix in taco seasoning per directions
2) Heat refried beans
3) Layer Doritos, Refried Beans, Hamburger, and Cheese in a square casserole dish.
4) Repeat layers as desired.
5) Cook at 350* for 10 mins or until desired crispiness is reached.
6) Scoop and serve! (I like to dip the chips in salsa, but it's good without it too!)
|Yes, it's as good as it looks!|
|A winner at our house!|
To make it a lower fat meal, try the baked Doritos, low-fat cheese, fat free refried beans, and the leanest ground beef you can find.
Here's to more successful recipe experiments and happy faces after the first bite : )