Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Latest adventures...plus a YUMMY recipe!

Alright, gotta catch up on the latest adventures.

I am happy to report that after 6+ months of working the night shift I finally had a successful transition from working nights into a weekend of normal sleeping. This meaning...I worked nights Wednesday and Thursday and was then able to go to sleep at a normal person hour on Friday and Saturday! This has NEVER happened before. Usually I am up til 4, 5, 6 am twiddling my thumbs...which blows. I plan to repeat exactly what I did this coming weekend and see if it's a success. If so, I will be sold on the night shift.

We've been fortunate enough to have 3 awesome weekends of boating in a row. The first weekend I got to be on call on Saturday night so I got to partake in some of the fun Saturday evening (sans alcohol) and then part of the fun Sunday outside : ) I only took a few pics that weekend...but here's a peek into that:
Jason's cousin Gabe : ) Cutie

Anchored on an island...doing some swimming

Gabe lounging
Two weekends ago we went out on Friday night. On our way to stay at the island where we dock overnight, we decided to stop in a bay and watch the sunset. I was drunk before we even got there...I was on a mission apparently...so as you'll see I was told to wear a life jacket as I enjoyed the sunset from the water. It was an awesome night. We listened to The Pines as we watched the sunset...it was truly awesome. Nothing better than listening to chill music and being on the water : )

I keep it classy with Windsor on the boat...can't risk breaking a bottle of Jameson


Our spot for sunset...so pretty!

Testing the water...don't be a wimp now Jason!


Oh yeah!

I LOVE this picture...haha!


Poor Jason having to deal with his drunken wife....
After sunset we headed to the island, grilled some burgers, and slept...it was a HOT night. The next morning we picked up Marit and Justin for a day on the boat. They were our first official friend boat guests. We had a really fun day with them. It had been awhile since we had seen them but conversation flowed and we had a great time. We ended the day by heading to their new house for wine, dinner, and a sleepover. It was a success!
tied to the boat, and floatin!

Marit and Justin

me and Mar : )

Jasey cooling off

Justin enjoying the bow of the boat

the men
The next day Ron and Katie joined us for another day of swimming and snacking. It wasn't quite as hot as the day before but we had a nice time floating, cruising, and chatting : ) This is sadly the only pic I have of that!
an outtake first...me giving the thumbs up to Jason's aunt and uncles on the other boat

me and Pokliney
After we dropped the Klines off...we debated heading back home vs heading back out on the lake to watch another sunset. We wisely chose watching the sunset. We started off listening to some Kid Cudi and ended it with some more mellow The Pines and of course Bon Iver. Mix in a little wine and a GORGEOUS sunset and some swimming and it was an amazing end to the weekend : )
a perfect bottle of wine to end the weekend

Yes!

Jason pouring into our classy cups

taking a graceful dip into the lake


Some dinner on the lake : )



my current laptop screensaver for obvious reasons!
In between that weekend and this last weekend...there was working, cleaning, yard work and other yucky unmentionables....I spent almost all day Monday doing yard work so I could surprise Jason when he got home from work...the yard needed a LOT of TLC. I burned a cool 3000 calories and sweat my ass off so it was a nice little workout....but damn it all, the grass already needs to be mowed again!

This last weekend was the first full weekend out on the boat. We got out there Friday evening and stayed til Sunday evening. It was great! When we got to the island on Friday night we grilled and spent some time around the campfire.

On Saturday we anchored out and floated in the morning, ate some lunch, and then took a cruise and anchored at a sandbar for the afternoon. Just relaxing and reading a book was an awesome time...for both of us! We grilled and bonfired again that evening and spent another nice (and finally not hot) night at the island. A few thunderstorms rolled in that night which made for a nice nights sleep : )
he's so freaking cute

our floating spot

Jason lotioning up


us!
an iPhone pic...

reading (iPhone pic)

the captain : ) (iPhone pic)



 It rained into Sunday morning so I got to sleep til 11!! We then went to pick up Jason's brothers Mat and Dan to hang out for the day. The skies cleared nicely and we floated in a bay all afternoon!! : ) The guys talked sports...and I just laid out. We all got some nice color this weekend...brown for most of us, bright red for Mat. Poor guy.
Dan jumping in

no i'm not taking a poo...it just appears that way


it was a nice day!!
We were beat after the weekend in the sun so we opted not to stay til sunset this time. This was apparently a wise choice because we were both sleeping on the couch by 8:30 last night. Man, we are old!

As you can tell, we have thoroughly enjoyed our boat the last few weeks. It's been nice. I'm sure it's getting a bit repetitive though so let's move on to a recipe!

I made up this YUMMY and easy recipe this evening. You must try it.

Someday I am going to make a posting just about the uses of rotisserie chicken because I am becoming an expert. We now buy at least 2 chickens per week to make different meals...they are so yummy, easy, and useful! Here's what I made tonight:

Buffalo Chicken Flatbread Pizza

Ingredients:
  • Trader Joe's Naan Bread
  • Rotisserie Chicken, shredded
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 1/2 cup tomato sauce
  • 1 tbsp worchestershire sauce
  • 1 scallion, chopped
  • 3 tbsp hot sauce
  • 1 cup shredded cheese (we use colby jack, bleu cheese would be good if we liked bleu cheese!)
  • 1 tsp McCormick Montreal Chicken Seasoning
  • Dash of olive oil
This recipe will make enough sauce for 4 flatbreads but 1 per person is plenty.

1. Sprinkle small amt of olive oil over Naan Bread
2. Melt butter on medium heat in fry pan, add Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce, and hot sauce...heat thoroughly
3. Spread sauce on bread, add chicken, sprinkle seasoning on top of chicken, add cheese and small amt of sauce on top of cheese
4. Bake until crust is golden brown and cheese melted at 425*
5. Sprinke scallions on top after baking complete...cut, enjoy!

Jason dips his in ranch...but it doesn't even need ranch : ) It's super yummy on it's own. That Trader Joe's bread makes for some amazing crust...I would highly recommend it! Fast, easy, and yummy!

Thanks to Dana who tagged along with me to Trader Joe's today. We had a great time at lunch just catching up and chatting (which is nice outside of work!). We stopped at a few stores and shopped and then went into Buy Buy Baby which is a newer baby store in Woodbury. Dana is pregnant (and adorable!) so she wanted to stop in and I was excited because I had been wanting an excuse to go inside. It was pretty cool. They had everything you could possibly imagine for a baby...it was kind of insane. I may have gotten a touch of baby fever and may or may not have found the bedroom set and rocking chair I want if we ever take the leap of having a baby... : ) But shhh don't tell Jason!

Tomorrow it's back to work for 3 12 hour shifts in a row. I have a few photo sessions coming up this weekend which I am looking forward to as well : )

I hope everyone has a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment