Thursday, November 24, 2011

Bags are packed...

Ok my bag has been packed since last Monday...but now both our bags are packed!
I am so excited. But I'm also a little nervous. I have never been anywhere outside of the country besides Mexico, St. Lucia, and cruise ports and those were all kind of cushy and in their own little safety bubble. This is the real deal. We are going from city to city...for 2 weeks!! In South America!! I am sure everything will be fine, but I am still just a little nervous. I am also nervous that this is going to open a bag of worms which will lead to wanting to travel everywhere...asap. We may never have children. Ha!
But no need to worry now, tomorrow we are headed to Florida and will be there through the weekend before heading to SA on Monday. The only thing I have to worry about there is whether or not the mouse in my sister-in-law's house is really gone like she says it is. If not, I will not sleep for the whole weekend. Severe phobia. My 4 year old niece thinks the mouse is cute...what does that say about me? Such a weenie.
When we get there we are going to hang out, drink wine from a jug as usual, tailgate for the Florida/Florida State football game this weekend, play with our nieces, drink coffee on the porch and talk, and just have a great time as usual. I always look forward to my time in Florida. I am lucky to have a fun family in-law!
While we are in Florida I am also doing a photo shoot of Nikki's family and her husband's sisters and their kids. I am so excited. Only problem is I won't have my laptop with me so I won't be able to edit photos. It's going to be torturous.
Jason nixed bringing the laptop on the trip. I know it's probably for the best...I don't want to lug it around, we have enough to carry. Plus it's good for me to enjoy the moment and not stare at the computer screen in the evening...we should probably be going out drinking and dancing instead ; )But I won't be able to edit my photos or blog about anything til I get back...unless I become a pro typer on the iPad. Doubtful. So I am planning to write the highlights of the trip down and then blog about it in a few different posts with pictures when I get back : )  I hope to have many photos and videos upon my return!
Ok I really am having a hard time stringing together coherent thoughts at this time so I guess that's my cue to go to bed.
Goodnight everyone : ) Happy Thanksgiving!!!

p.s. this is what I saw when I came into bed tonight...my adorably organized husband is all ready for the trip:
this is funny because I have no clue what I'm wearing tomorrow...

my favorite is the rolled belt in his shoes
woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment