In the meantime, I will share a few of the delicious gluten free recipes I've made recently. All of which were made in my new found free time which I am enjoying fully.
This first one was inspired by a trainer I used to go to. It has a nice mix of filling ingredients and it's a quick grab snack.
(This recipe makes approximately 20 balls)
- 4 cups of gluten free oats (or regular oats if you don't need to be GF)
- 1 cup of your favorite GF chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 scoop of protein powder (I used designer whey unflavored powder...but chocolate flavored powder tastes delicious as well)
- 1 cup of your favorite peanut butter, crunchy or creamy
- 1/4-1/2 cup of agave nectar or honey
Next on the list, I made Chex mix : ) Luckily, almost all Chex cereal is made gluten free as it is. I based my recipe on the one I found from the Adventures of a Gluten Free Mom blog. She has some great gluten free recipe ideas on her site! I kind of tweaked her recipe to make it my own : )
Gluten Free Chex Mix
- 6 cups of Rice Chex
- 3 cups of Corn Chex
- 1 1/2 cups mixed nuts (salted or unsalted)
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free pretzels
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp Lawry's seasoned salt
- 1 tsp garlic salt
2. Combine remaining dry ingredients in large bowl
3. Pour butter mixture over dry ingredients, mix until all dry ingredients are covered
4. Heat oven to 250*, spread Chex mixture evenly on a cookie sheet
5. Bake for 1 hour, stirring mixture every 15 minutes
Enjoy!! It's tasty!
And last but not least, I re-made a recipe from when I first started the blog last year. The baja citrus chicken sliders were a big hit and I've been waiting for it to feel summery enough to make them again this year. Of course I can't have the bready bun part of the slider...that's reserved for Jason. Click on the link to get the recipe...the only change I made was I doubled the broccoli slaw recipe this year and turned mine into a salad of sorts...it was so good! Lime juice can really be a great salad dressing...mix in some cilantro and you're set for life! : ) And there's still a little salad mixture left in the fridge from the other day and it still tastes great, not soggy!
Happy Cinco de Mayo!