Monday, April 30, 2012

Greetings from the Darkness

 Alright, it's almost 7pm and I have spent all but 15 minutes of my day in bed, in my dark room.

On my to-do list I had a long line of fun things I was planning for today. When I woke up with my head feeling like it was going to explode I knew it was going to be an unproductive day. Not much I could do about it. My black out curtains were much appreciated today.

Luckily, I still have tomorrow off so I'm hoping to jam all those things into tomorrow.

The headache is finally fading, but at one point during my hazy day I realized I still have to grade all my papers for my clinical students by Wednesday so I am staying in this room until I finish them. As you can see by this blog post, I am easily distracted.

Tomorrow I am going to get acupuncture, go to boot camp, drink a smoothie, and finally get the massage/facial Jason gifted to me on our anniversary : ) In between all that bliss I suppose I have to put laundry away, do dishes, and run other errands...but those first things sound like they will outweigh the rest!

I have several photography sessions in the wings but they are in the coming weeks and I am antsy to do one soon : )

In a few weeks, I head to Florida to see my nieces too...can't wait!!

A few weeks ago I got my new lens I had been saving up for. I love it and the day it came in the mail I tested it out on one of my kitties to see how it worked. I forgot I took the pictures and just came across them the other day. Pierre is so cute...



I also found a few pictures of a recipe I tried before I went gluten free. It was so good it was worth sharing and I am sad that I hate gluten free bread and won't be able to enjoy this one anymore. But those of you who do like bread...try this!!!! I found it on pinterest....here is the recipe for the ham and cheese sliders....oh so tasty!



And then last week when I WAS gluten free I made a yummy meal that I wanted to share the recipe to as well. This can be made gluten free or non-gluten free very easily.

Breaded Pesto Chicken 

Ingredients:

-1 package of Trader Joe's Pesto Chicken
-2 cups gluten free Panko Bread Crumbs (or non gluten free if you don't need to be!)
-3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
-1 tsp garlic powder
-sprinkle of salt to taste
-3 tbsp olive oil

Directions:
1. Mix bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and salt in a mixing bowl
2. Dip chicken in mixture of bread crumbs and coat each piece well
3. Heat up olive oil in fry pan
4. Pan fry breaded chicken until cooked throughout

We served our chicken with steamed broccoli and Alexia gluten free potato wedges. It was delicious! Oh and don't forget the wine! And even though the breading got a little on the over-cooked side, it still tasted great! Easy and fast.  (my husband would like to add that it didn't look this burnt in real life....and HE was the one who pan fried it ; ) )




Well, I suppose I better get back to grading.

I want to thank Jason for a great weekend too : ) It was relaxing. On my birthday (Saturday) we went out for lunch, did some shopping, and relaxed at home with a movie that night. On Sunday we went to his grandma's and she made my favorite brunch of all time...chorizo! In the afternoon Ron and Katie came over, we grilled, chatted, and watched a movie as well. It was a nice, relaxing birthday weekend. I am surely not as rowdy as I used to be, but that is just fine by me : )

Hope everyone has a great week and thanks for all the birthday messages on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment