Monday, February 3, 2014

The Famous Pistachio Granola

I made some granola recently that has been quite the hit.

I keep promising to share the recipe so here it is!

I got it from a mom of a patient I took care of. It's amazingly delicious. I saw her the other day and told her how popular the recipe has been and she said..."it's your recipe now...spread the love!".

And spread it I shall!

Fabulous Pistachio Granola

3 Cups Rolled Oats (Trader Joe's sells a great gluten free bag of oats)
1.5 Cups Shelled Pistachios
1 Cup Mixed Nuts
1 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes, chopped (again, Trader Joe's)
3/4 Cup Maple Syrup
1/2 Cup Olive Oil
1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Tsp Kosher Sea Salt
1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp Cardamom

1) Mix all ingredients in large bowl
2) Spread on baking sheet
3) Bake at 300 degrees stirring every 15 minutes for a total of 45 minutes
4) Stir on pan and let cool


*if you like fruit in your granola, dried cherries are a great addition...add them after baking the granola  : )

 5) Let cool, break into chunks and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment