In an effort to change up our same old hamburger recipes (tacos and meatloaf primarily) I decided to try to concoct a burger that tasted so delicious it didn't need a bun.
I was the gal that never thought she would eat a burger without a bun...but turns out if it's juicy and flavorful enough it doesn't need one!
I made this last week and I already want to make it again. Hope you enjoy it!
Chipotle Burgers with Honey Caramelized Onions
-1 lb grass fed beef
- 6 tbsp chipotle in adobo sauce
-2 chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
-1/4 cup chopped green onions
-1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onions
1/4 cup finely chopped green and red bell peppers
-2 garlic cloves chopped
-1 tsp crushed red pepper
1) Combine all ingredients in a bowl (add an egg to help hold ingredients together if desired)
2) Form into patties with a burger former or by hand
3) Cook til reaches desired temperature
4) Add onions (listed below), and if you want cheese add some organic grass fed cheddar or your cheese of choice and enjoy!!
Honey Caramelized Onions
-2 large sweet onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
-sprinkle of sea salt
-1 tsp raw local honey
1) Melt coconut oil in fry pan, add sea salt to cut coconut flavor
2) Cook onions til soft and starting to brown on edges
3) Add honey
4) Cook until onions appear light brown
5) Add to burger and enjoy!
And of course don't forget...find a good, new gluten free cider to enjoy with the burger!!