Sunday, August 25, 2013

Clean Eating Pasta : )

A few people asked for this recipe so I thought it was a perfect time for a blog post! I have some more recipes and stories to share but the current to-do list won't allow for all of that to be shared right now : ) Hopefully soon though!

I have been working hard to eat a gluten free (have been eating gluten free again for almost 3 months now!) and keep my diet as clean as possible. I have had my moments of weakness in the clean eating department....(french fries and milkshakes are my vices this summer apparently) but I have remained gluten free. At the advice of my trainer I have also started cutting dairy out of my diet to see if I feel different. I had a bit of a cheese obsession that I needed to reign in so I thought cutting it out of my diet would be horrible but to be honest, it's really not that bad. I do feel different when I don't eat it...no congestion, less bloating. We will see how I feel long term...I am not finding the gluten free thing to be hard at all this time around but cheese and I have a special bond : )

This pasta concoction just came to me when I was trying to find something to eat after the gym yesterday. I wanted some carbs but I wanted to have only one serving of pasta (I could easily eat 3 haha!) so I knew I needed mix in some veggies and chicken!

Clean Eating Spicy Chicken & Veggie Pasta
Ingredients:

  • 2 oz quinoa pasta, cooked (I used the Ancient Grains brand)
  • 1 tsp coconut oil
  • 1tsp avocado oil
  • 1 glove of garlic, chopped
  • 3 cups organic baby spinach
  • 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
  • 2 stalks of fresh baby broccoli, chopped
  • fresh parsley, chopped, to taste
  • crushed red pepper, to taste
  • sea salt, to taste
  • lemon pepper, to taste
  • fresh oregano, chopped, to taste
  • 4oz grass fed, organic rotisserie chicken, shredded (or a chicken breast) (you can find organic and free range rotisserie chickens at Kowalski's and Whole Foods)
Directions:
  1. Using a cast iron skillet or frying pan, melt coconut oil and spread throughout pan, add sea salt
  2. Start cooking quinoa pasta
  3. Add garlic, toast the garlic
  4. Add spinach, peppers, broccoli, parsley, and fresh oregano...saute until reaches desired softness
  5. Shred rotisserie chicken and sprinkle with lemon pepper seasoning 
  6. Combine pasta, chicken, and sauteed veggies into one bowl, mix together. Add crushed red pepper and sea salt to taste, and avocado oil, mix once more and ENJOY!! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment