Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Fire & Water

When I am having a hard time, I turn to music late at night, early in the morning, in the middle of the day. Anytime. Lyrics and music are so powerful to me... many of you already know this about me : )

It's been a rather hard week so far for reasons I don't care to talk about yet. My husband has been an incredible support as always but when I'm alone, music brings me peace. Especially when the lyrics are poetic...it's so soothing to me.

After seeing Edward Sharpe live I continue to love their music and their message. Love.  On the documentary The Big Easy Express which follows Mumford and Sons, Old Crow Medicine Show, and Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros on a train ride from California to New Orleans  (I included the video below if you care to watch all 1 hour and some odd minutes of it now) there are all these scenes with laid back and passionate music playing and I absolutely love it...it brings me peace. If you like any of those bands ...please watch this movie, you won't regret it! I recommend buying the DVD because it has some fabulous special feature songs as well : )

There is one particular song... Fire Water... that I really love. I love that they change the lyrics up with every video that I've seen. It's such a powerful song. In the Big Easy Express version (the second video below) you can just feel their passion coming through in their music, no matter where they are.

Having passion for what you do and believing in your path is so important. And sometimes you just need that reminder.

Here is the start of Fire Water in a few different versions:

I'm sending you all my love, you with the heart to feel it, feel it
You in the light and dark with the eyes to see it, see it
Love go ahead, love stand beside us
Love is within each heart to guide us
And I thank the sun for shining that light

or

I'm sending you all my love, you with the heart to feel it, feel it
You with a broken heart, you know love will heal it, heal it
Love go ahead, love stand besides us
Love go within each heart to guide us
And I thank the sun for shining that light

And let your love blaze like fire, water...



To me, this song means...we are all the same, we all have hard and trying times and wonderful and beautiful times... we are all capable of receiving love and giving love...we just need to take care, notice and appreciate that. It's really that simple. No need for dwelling on all the other complications, worry, and heartache that life can also bring. In the end it's all about love and how you choose to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment