Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I need me some photography!! : )

I am excited to get my creative juices flowing tomorrow because I feel like I am stuck in a mini-rut. One that I know I placed myself in.
I crammed a whole lotta work into the last week and this current week as well because I am going on an all girls tropical vacation next week : ) I didn't want to take much if any vacation time out of my flex time bank (those 12 hour shifts really suck up the savings!) so I decided to get it all in before I left. I know I'll be glad I did it but that made for a week of not seeing much of my husband, cooking, or making time for anything else (including photography). Squish in another new semester of clinical instructing and classwork and I was pretty much sleeping before I hit the pillow. Those of you who know me and of my anxious worrying before bed know that falling asleep fast is not my usual practice...so in a way it was a good thing.
This week isn't nearly as bad as last week and tomorrow I have a day off and am going to the Walker to take some pictures of an adorable little guy. I plan to have those pictures up by Friday at the latest! My creative energy feels pent up and I can't wait to get out in the snow and hopefully work some photography magic.
Sometime between now and a week from now I also need to write two big papers for my class....it'll happen....eventually. Hey, I read for 3 hours for class and did my weekly assignment already today...you can't expect much more from me.
I have strategically placed winter vacations in between of some insane work weeks...I will earn those vacations for sure. Next week, me and 4 other lovely ladies from the old 8th floor are heading to Mexico. We are staying for a long weekend in Cancun at an all inclusive hotel. We got an awesome deal that we couldn't refuse and I am so pumped. Of course, I am kind of a weenie and will miss Jason a lot but I'm sure the free alcoholic beverages will help me feel a little better. ; )

Alright so it's not even 8pm yet and I am so ready for bed. I am trying to reign in my lameness by somehow trying to motivate myself to start on one of my papers for school. I strategically placed one my ''studying movies'' in the DVD player to set the mood. I have a few movies that I don't really like but for some reason when they are on I get really focused and get things done. Tonight it's Sex and the City the movie....sorry guys, it's really not good. Haha. Though I have seen it too many times to count. It doesn't make any sense but it works so I go with it. Another example of a bad movie I like is the first Twilight movie...among others. Yeah I'm weird.

Monday night I made pot roast and Jason and I got to hang out for the first time in over a week. I could have cried I was so excited. That's kind of sad, yes...but we had a great time. I had just finished reading Water for Elephants (finally) so we watched that movie. I liked it a lot. And cried a lot. We had one of those really fun, fabulous nights together where neither of us were tired (miracle....not even after a drink!), both in a really good mood, and both feeling like watching the same kind of movie. Sounds simple but it goes a long ways! : ) Love you baby!

Last night I made one of the BEST recipes I have ever made. I wish I was creative enough in the kitchen to have made it up myself...but I am generally not. I got the idea again from Pinterest and I would highly recommend you try it.
Here is the recipe link....if you even remotely like Mexican food...try it!
Here's how my white chicken chile enchiladas turned out!



Jason loved them just as much as me!

Alright, Big just left Carrie at the alter...I guess I should start writing my paper. Waaa waa.

Stay tuned from some cute toddler pics! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment