Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Bri-licious original recipe...and more!

It's been a busy week/weekend/and now start of this week as well! Aren't you surprised?

Yesterday I started my own clinical shadowing experiences for my grad program and today I started teaching a new group of clinical students.

This last weekend we had a great time when we stayed at a water park/hotel...man I didn't realize a) how much I missed going down water slides and b) how scary they are when it's been a while since you've been down one. We also hung out with friends on Saturday and my friend Katie and I saw the latest Twilight movie (finally). Sunday evening I took some pregnancy announcement photos which turned out really cute. I can't share them until she has them all distributed to her friends/family. Can't ruin the surprise : )
before heading to the water park!

yay! Josh and Danielle came with!

after some serious water slidin'
part of the water park



A bit of exciting news, I think I am going to do my very first blog giveaway within the next week or so! A company with a product I've tried and like contacted me about doing a giveaway. I'm pretty excited about it! Stay tuned : )

Also, stay tuned for a toddler photo session, a newborn session, and an engagement session blog post within the next few weeks...yay! 

On the food front...I had great ambitions of making a nice meal every night this week despite our busy schedules. I picked each recipe and even made my grocery list, so I meant it! Turns out Jason's week is just as crazy as mine. He is working on a big case and has been working into the evenings. So much for fancy meals! Guess I'm off the hook. Thai food it is tonight : )

I did try a new recipe the other night...and it was share-worthy!


Bri-licious Chicken Fajita Paninis
mmm mmm mmm mmmmMMMmm!


Jason and I love paninis, so here's a twist on the norm : )

Ingredients: 
-Sour Dough Bread
-Rotisserie Chicken, shredded
-Cheddar cheese slice (1 or 2...any type of cheese works)
-Sauteed and sliced onions, red peppers, and green peppers
-Crisp Bacon slices
-Ranch dressing (if you're Jason) or Salsa (if you're Bri) to dip
-Olive oil (for drizzling)

Add all topping to one slice of sour dough bread...place cheese on top of peppers and bacon to keep ingredients inside the sandwich : )
Jason's sandwich is on the left...Mr. American Cheese lover
Place second piece of bread on top of sandwich, drizzle panini press with olive oil as well as the top of the bread. Grill until golden brown.

I made my sister-in-law Nikki's signature salad to go with it. Her and her hubby eat it with their meal every night! I wish we ate that much salad...we need to attempt to do it more often...it tastes delish!
The dressing is just a mixture of olive oil and apple cider vinegar...until salad is somewhat moist. She uses spring mix lettuce, croutons, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, and whatever other toppings you desire. Nuts, berries...etc. It's simple and good for you...and that dressing combo is to die for! Thanks for letting me steal your recipe Nik! : )



Jason and I make paninis a lot...it's one of Jason's favorite meals. Just last week we made club sandwich paninis...turkey, bacon, cheese, and sauteed onions. We had a side of chicken tortilla soup that was delicious too (that was a Tastefully Simple mix)


Well, I really need to get working on my homework...I have a lot of stuff to do. And I really should work out...I really should...hmmm. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment