Thursday, October 13, 2011

Time Suck

I promised myself that I wouldn't post a recipe or even a paragraph before I finished my homework assignment and graded one whole group of assignments for clinical. I am proud to say I have accomplished that. Sad to say I have a shit ton more to do still! But that, my friend, is for another day...well I guess it's 1:30 am so it's technically for later today. After sleep. So I won't worry about that for the next 20 minutes or so. And then I will finish this blog post, lay in bed and worry some more.
I am excited to report that I will have more pictures to post from a photo session I will be doing tomorrow and I have booked several more sessions this month which I am so very excited about! : ) I feel quite lucky.
Before I post my recipe I'd like to say that I have found yet another internet time suck which until the other day I had resisted even looking at. But it happened...Pinterest has sucked me in. I love it. It's awesome. And horrible. If you haven't checked it out you probably should. I wish I would have invented it!
Alrighty. My eyes are half closed so here goes the recipe. It holds very special meaning to me for the simple fact that when Jason and I went on our first date, we both ordered this same meal (well a version of it). It was a blind date and I was so nervous and almost backed out at the last minute. So glad I suffered through it ; ). Anyways, it's fast, easy, and SO FREAKING TASTY!!

Buffalo Chicken Fajitas

Ingredients:
  • 2 chicken breasts, sliced
  • 2 bell peppers, sliced (any color)
  • 1 red or yellow onion, sliced
  • olive oil, 1 tbsp
  • Frank's Red Hot Sauce, 1/2-3/4 cup (depending on the spiciness you desire)
  • butter, 1 tbsp
  • Worcestershire sauce, 2 tsp
  • 4 flour tortillas
  • guacamole, salsa, ranch dressing, or shredded cheese if desired
Slice up peppers and onions (I LOVE that my garden is still giving me peppers right now!!)
Saute peppers and onions in olive oil until soft
Enjoy the smell of those peppers because your house will smell like them for at least 2 days....but it's worth it...trust me!
Slice chicken, cook until no longer pink, add butter, hot sauce, and worchestershire sauce and mix until sauce is heated through
Warm up tortillas and serve....they are SO good!!
Add guacamole, shredded cheese, salsa, and/or ranch dressing to spice it up a bit...ENJOY!!
 Alright y'all. I'm outtie. I just can't stay up to 4 am like I used to...I guess that's ok!

No comments:

Post a Comment