Sunday, October 9, 2011

Get Your Freak On

Last night we went to a beautiful wedding at the Walker Arts Center Skyline Room. It was elegant, modern, and I had to resist bringing my nice camera and practicing my photog skills   : ) The point and shoot camera did us just fine last night. Plus, my buzzed self would have likely dropped it on the floor and ruined it.
Now I don't know if it's because before heading to the wedding I cut a huge gash in my leg while shaving that I was overly emotional or if it's truly a pattern but...I am convinced that my womanly cycle (sorry boys) is determined by whether or not I am attending a wedding. I'm not exactly on a 'regular' schedule in that department but I kid you not, without fail...I always, always, and always get 'hormonal' at weddings, ugly cry during the ceremony, and wake up with aunt flo the next morning. It's crazy. Kind of disturbing if you ask me. But if I ever have a hard time conceiving children I guess all I have to do is attend a wedding to kick me back into gear.
I'm sure you all wanted to know that.
Anyhoo. Last night was fun because instead of Jason being the sober-cab it was me! So I got to see some dance moves that I didn't know existed in this world until last night. We started off the night feeling quite buzzed (both of us) and then I switched to water and Jason switched to little ghetto girl dance moves... (sorry...not sure how to put this right side up...I tried!) It was hilarious.
Here are some pictures from the rest of our night.


out on the balcony at the Walker

pondering life
this might have been before switching to water...

open bars are dangerous


me keeping it classy with a bright blue bandaid on my leg gash

Jason keeping it classy by sticking out his pinky while drinking

the best thing ever

Jason has three dance moves: fist pumping, backwards shuffling, and hip thrusting

see??
YES
Clearly we had a fun time. We went out for a greasy delicious breakfast this morning to commemorate such a great night which is always necessary as well.
I also need to catch up on a few little easy recipe ideas so here they are.
We did appetizer Friday again a week ago but I had been working so we had to do some quick ones since we were so hungry.

Mini Pizza Bagels
Buy Thomas's mini bagels, toast them, spread pizza sauce, cheese and your choice of toppings, and bake at 400 until cheese is melted
Mini Pigs in a Blanket
1 package of crescent rolls split into triangular sections, 4 hot dogs sliced into three pieces each, 3 american cheese slices cut into smaller pieces. Wrap hot dogs and cheese in the crescent dough, bake at 375 until golden brown...
And this last Thursday night we made another quickie recipe...let's face it, no time for anything more these days. But it's one of my favorites and Jason's too!

Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
Ingredients:
  • Rotiserrie Chicken, shredded (you'll only use 1/2 the meat but it makes great leftovers)
  • 1 package of shredded colby jack cheese
  • 2 cans of enchilada sauce
  • 5 flour tortillas
Shred chicken, place in tortillas, sprinkle shredded cheese in each tortilla
celebrate passing the bar with a double thumbs up/double hand gun combo
Heat up enchilada sauce until hot

pour small amt of sauce in each tortilla
wrap up tortillas tightly
align them close together in small baking dish
pour remaining sauce on top of wrapped up tortillas

smile...it's almost time to eat!
wrap in tin foil, bake at 425 for 20-30 minutes (until heated through), add remaining shredded cheese to top of enchiladas, bake until cheese is melted
serve...enjoy!!! they are SO good!
And if you didn't catch it in that photo up there...YES! Jason found out on Thursday that he passed the bar exam! That is a huge accomplishment and a huge weight off his (and my) shoulders : ) We can officially move on to the next phase of our lives : ) Congrats baby...you worked so hard and deserve it big time!
I think I worked about 10 days straight (many of those 12 hour shifts) in the last couple weeks...so I have enjoyed my weekend off with this fabulous weather. It's back to work tomorrow but I have Thursday and Saturday, Sunday off to look forward to this week so it's not so daunting.
Hope everyone had a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment