Saturday, March 31, 2012

Happy Weekend!!! : )

My crazy 2 weeks of work are over. I happily write this post to you from the comfort of my couch. In the short window of the day where I was awake yesterday I enjoyed some delicious fish fry at our neighborhood bar and grill and a refreshing whiskey ginger ale...haven't craved a drink like that in a while!
This coming week I start teaching my last group of clinical students. This means, in 4 more weeks I will only have one nursing job and can focus more on photography : ) I am so excited for that. I have a few sessions booked coming up..babies, toddlers, and couples! I was just able to buy some new photography gear with my earnings from the photo shoots I have done...so that makes me even more excited to do the sessions coming up.
Tonight Jason and I are going out for appetizers and then meeting up with the Klines to see the Hunger Games. I am so excited to finally see this movie!! : )
Here are two recipes I have been meaning to share for awhile but haven't had the chance.

The first one is thanks to my most recent group of clinical students...they made this sauce for post-clinical meeting one day and I was sold! I decided to put it in a chicken pita but you can dip veggies in it, crackers, and more.

Student Nurse's Cucumber Sauce : ) 
basically it's tzatziki sauce...so good!
Ingredients:
  • 1 large container of plain Greek yogurt
  • 1 cucumber, shredded, strained of water, and patted dry with paper towel
  • 1tsp dill (or more to taste)
  • 2 gloves of minced garlic
  • salt, to taste
  • lime juice, to taste
Mix all together and put on warmed pitas with shredded rotisserie chicken, & melted cheddar cheese.

And the next one doesn't really require a recipe but I wanted to post a picture and share it anyways : ) When we were in South America, I had written that due to my tummy upset, club sandwiches were the only thing that seemed to sit well with me at times. Well, in South America they use fried eggs on their sandwiches and let me tell you it makes for a more filling and more delicious club! So make it with what you like...turkey, chicken, ham....but don't forget that fried egg!

South American Club

just add egg!
Well that's all for now. We're going to do some yard work today, but I'm also going to enjoy some relaxation : )
Stay tuned for some more newborn pictures soon!
Happy Weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment